Friday, February 24, 2012

One door closes and another one opens

              Yesterday afternoon I made a trip to Strong and unfortunately plans and did not go as expected. come to find out, Strong has a strict policy  on the privacy of their patients and volunteers have to go through a 6 month process in order for people to have direct contact with them, and the only thing I can do is respect that. Although it didn't go as I would have liked, a lovely lady by the name of Wendy directed me to one of the workers name Jermaine who actually works with youth and hosts youth based events. Jermaine has written various columns for the newspaper and has great connections with being able to reach out to the youth. I will be talking to Jermaine more regarding the project but I still want to go see if I can find a community center or daycare where I can still work with the children as I hoped and still be able to incorporate my ideas. I think I might actually have an idea in mind. I am very grateful that I was introduced this idea  and it is a perfect example of of one door closing and another one opening. I can't wait to get started with this!

No comments:

Post a Comment