Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Update

         I know I haven't been posting as I should have and I apologize because I have been so busy but  it is currently Tuesday of February recess and I am making a list of the things that will be needed for when I work with the children at the children's section of Strong hospital. In addition to writing various types of writing pieces, I also decided that I will work with the children and have them create art pieces, such as drawing, painting, sketches and 3D models of anything they choose, and then if they agree to it I will sell them at exhibit night to raise money that will be donated to the hospital. However, if they wish to keep it they can. I want to at least work with 5 of the children, if not more so they can also share the experience. I also plan to raise money on my own time that will either be used to purchase the kids presents at the end of the volunteer experience or will too be donated to the hospital, I've yet to decide what I want to do. I have not started the project regarding to working with the kids, but I hope to work with them as soon as possible so the ending product can be the best it can be. I will keep you guys updated on my process with the Book of Life. Bye.

1 comment:

  1. I would take pictures of the item that the kids make and show them at the exhibit. I would forget selling things. I will count the time you spend with the kids as community service. I would also focus on the book. It is an awesome idea! good list of supplies. White paper and things to color with are perfect. Let the imaginations flow!

    ReplyDelete